We are please to say that our new purpose built workshop, and demonstration area is now complete; We've more than doubled our workshop area from before, and we've even given ourselves the luxury of a slide out multi-gauge test track!
You are welcome to visit us, and we'll install your decoder whilst you wait (simple decoder installations), while we're working, you can take full advantage of the state of the art workshop equipment! -------------->
Your models are fully insured against loss or damages, whilst in our care, and are returned via Royal Mail Special delivery.
Workshop services provided:
We provide high standard installation of any decoder either supplied by us, or sent to us with a locomotive or other rolling stock. ‘Non-standard and novel’ installations are our favourites! We can also fit lighting kits (either from third party kits, or our own components), or provide upgrades to existing equipment. Please contact us with your requirements.
A full programming service is available as an option; This service programs the decoder to your specification (please contact us, and we will provide the necessary documentation), or fully program the locomotive with authentic prototype characteristics We also fit sound decoders (contact us with locomotive type for availability)
Please contact us before you dispatch your model(s) and note that:
· Lighting supplement from £6.00 depending on type. (Lighting installation by additional quotation)
· Locomotives and decoders supplied by us, DCC for FREE! (Decoder at sale price, fitted free)
· Prototypical characteristic programming charges £8.00 - includes research if required.
Installation and repair Terms & Conditions:
1) For your own peace of mind; All models should be sent to us via an insured service, or hand delivered. We cannot be responsible for damage or loss incurred by a 3rd party/during shipping before we receive the items.
2) Locomotives supplied for fitting should be in good running order; DCC cannot cure poor locomotive performance. All locomotives will be tested before, and after fitting; Should the need for additional work such as motor servicing or running gear repairs we will contact you before more work is undertaken which, if agreed, will be charged at the hourly rate, plus parts.
3) We reserve the right to refuse any installation at our discretion; typical reasons are:
· When loco stall current exceeds decoder rating
· There is insufficient space to fit selected decoder.
· Where amount of work involved renders an installation impractical.
· Where the locomotive is not in a fit condition and could damage the decoder.
These problems are not always the end; We have a repair and refurbishment service, which includes a full motor overhaul (including brushes and magnets etc.) and mechanical/electrical service. This is charged at our standard hourly rate, we can even provide custom motor rewinds and re-magnetise/replace motor magnets.
shall not be of the essence for any works undertaken, unless
agreed in writing by DCC supplies Ltd.